We are writing to share this next step for our church and ask for your support!
History of our Project With the 2014 Capital Campaign we embraced the opportunity to "Strengthen our Stakes" and we accepted the challenge of wider outreach, responding to the needs of a growing church. We purchased the MacIntyre & Edwards building and then raised $125,000 to transform it into a state of the art Student Ministries Center, which opened in January 2016. Our youth program has blossomed with more than 100 youth participating in weekly bible studies and over 150 participating in Disciple Now and summer missions.
Partners in Mission New, strong partnerships with "Young Life" and "Project Backyard," which will be housed in our Student Ministries Building, have given us a synergy of mission. This building will see students in fellowship during the week after school and some evenings with our own programs and those of our partner organizations.
Stewards of History We also have a new energy and focus on the responsibility of our historic church property. We take seriously the stewardship of this beautiful sanctuary, which dates back to 1889, and The Education Building, built in 1926. At the same time we worked on the Student Ministries Building, we performed needed maintenance and refurbishment of our sanctuary including sealing brick, resealing windows, repairing an area of the roof and painting the interior at a cost of $45,000. The flooring in the pre-school area has served three generations, so this summer we refurbished some of these rooms in the Education Building at a cost of $22,000, an immediate need so we were ready for a new school year.